An Update on 2016
It's been a while hasn't it? I didn't intentionally take a break from bloggin, it just kind of happened. My 2014 self would be going crazy knowing that I wasn't blogging my expected three posts weekly. Heck my 2010 self would be irrate I wasn't blogging 5 days a week. I began blogging way back before my business was even a business in 2009. I wanted an outlet to share my work and the journey I was on to become a full fledge full time wedding photographer. Many of you have been on that journey with me since the beginning (raise your hand!!)
So where did I go in 2016? Nowhere really, I just needed a rest. Blogging on a consistent basis takes a lot of time and effort. I was craving time with my family and time to work ON my business. I've made a series of choices to let the blog "rest" these past few months and I'm ever so glad I made that decision. This by no means is the end, far from it. I simply felt I owed you dear readers an explanation of where I've been.
What have I been up to instead of blogging? Well for starters I got my act together and finally archived over 10 years worth of personal photos. We're talking THOUSANDS of photos now neatly and chronologically ordered. It makes my OCD brain ever so happy!
- My Husband and I also decided to tackle a home project that has been on our to do list for far to long : our laundry room!! Our downstairs bathroom is a half bath and laundry combo and was in need of a major overhaul. (Can we say organe sponged walls that GLOWED?) For the record, that was the design choice of the previous home owners. We've put up wainscoting, wallpaper, revamped the vanity and are about to embark on tackling the laundry closet. It's been fun (and difficult), a good challenge for us :).
- I was asked to participate in a styled shoot and spent the month of February helping to plan and prepare for an amazing copper inspired soiree that we hope to share soon!! And guess what?! It was hosted on my 32nd birthday and included donuts. YES. DONUTS.
- I've been meeting with clients, answering emails, hosting new client consultations and doing a lot of leg work to prepare for the upcoming wedding season. It's a time consuming activity but one that pays off dividends during the busy months of Wedding seaon. Dare I say that these months of preparation and planning tend to be my favorite?
- I've had several wonderfully fun opportunities to network with industry peers. From a super fun and energetic cocktail party to a professional breakfast, I've loved shaking hands and learning about new businesses. Networking is something that as an introvert really intimidates me but that also brings me a lot of joy. Connection is where it's at.
- And last but certainly not least is the HUGE project I'm working on with the amazing Kathryn of Creme Brands. She is helping me take the heart of this business and bring it to life in a new and beautiful way. I cannot WAIT to share what we have been working on later this spring. Keep your eyes out for sneak peeks of what's to come!!
So there you have it, just a few of the things happening behind the scenes while the blog has taken a short hiatus. As the rebrand progresses I'll be back here to share more details and a revamp for full fledge blogging once more. I'll also be sharing several new shoots that are in the works.
As I think about the direction of where the blog is headed I want to hear from you. What do you want to read here? What are you interested in seeing on the blog? I'd love your feedback!! (*And don't forget to follow along on Instgram where I'll be sharing more sneak peeks and updates on all the fun projects in the works!!)