To be honest, I wasn't sure if I should post this. My goals, personal and business for the year 2010 for all the world to see?What if I didn't accomplish or finish them? What if they sounded stupid to all you out there on the internet? What if you didn't understand?
But then I thought what better way to share my life than to share the goals that I have for the coming year! Some of these are just fun things that I've always wanted to try. Others have a slightly more serious note. All of them will push and challenge me to grow as a person and as business owner. That excites me!
And you know what, I might not accomplish or finish all of these goals and that's ok. I'm going to try but not beat myself up if I don't. And I hope that by posting these goals, you out there, can help me, encourage me and push me to grow as well!
So with out further delay here are my top ten dreams, hopes, wishes, goals, challenges for 2010:
1. Get Fit. Ok this may not change the world, but it does mean a lot to me. I want to be as healthy as I can be. I choose this year to change my diet, continue with my exercise routines and to sleep more. More than weight, I want to live a healthy life, so that I can be my best.
2. Spend more time with God. Often this is the first thing to go when my schedule gets busy. I know the importance of enjoying time with God, praying, reading the Bible and being with others. My hope is that, this becomes a daily lifestyle. This could be the most important goal I have for myself this year.
3. Run several 5k's and one 10k. Pushing myself and my limits I feel like was a common theme as I was writing out this list. Running is one of those things. I don't absolutely hate it, but I don't absolutely love it. I've run one 5k and I really enjoyed myself. I want to push myself physically to see how far I can go.
4. Spend more time with family and friends. I'm pretty good at this already, as I love to be with the ones that I love. Nothing gives me greater joy. But in this new year, I hope to make even more time with people. Time goes by so fast, as I am learning. I don't want to miss out on those moments with people I love before time passes by.
5. Create a manual for my business. I was inspired by Arizona photographer Melissa Jill after she posted about creating a manual of her photography business. She wrote down every step that she has for making her business flow, work and flourish. I hope to be able to do the same thing. I'm all for organization and making jobs work more smoothly and easier.
6. Photograph as least ten weddings this year. *hint hint to all those brides out there who still need a photographer!!* Whether assisting, second shooting or shooting the wedding myself, my goal is to participate in more weddings this year and to stretch myself as a business owner and photographer. I want to continue to create meaningful images for clients and raise the bar on my own creativity.
7. Continue to develop friendships and connections with others in the business. Whether it be other photographers or other vendors I hope to create and deepen relationships with people in the wedding industry locally, nationally and internationally. I've already started to do this by joining the [b] school , but I hope to do more of this in the coming year.
8. Read at least one book every two months. Oh, boy, this is a big one. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I'm not much for reading. If someone recommends a good book to me, then sure, maybe I'll stop what I'm doing and read it, maybe. I'm just not the person who loves to search for the perfect book or spend hours upon hours in the bookstore. But I do want to expand my reading and try, for 12 months, to read a book every two months. We'll see how this one goes ;)
9. See my sister-in-law, Stephanie, get married. Ok, this isn't really necessarily a goal, but something that I am so beyond excited about. I love hearing about all the planning, the thoughts, the dreams, all of it. I'm a sucker for all things wedding, especially if it's someone that I love! Seeing her marry the man of her dreams this summer is something I am definitely looking forward to!
10. Watch my business grow. I look forward to how Deborah Zoe Photo will grow this year, the clients I will have and of course the relationships that will develop. I have no idea what the future will hold, but I can't wait to watch as this year unfolds!
Well those are my top ten goals, dreams and aspirations. What are yours? How do you hope to grow in the coming year? What are you looking forward to doing?
Thank you for listening folks. I appreciate that you stop by here, to my small but wonderful little world :)
And finally because all this cold weather has been leaving me craving hot summer nights, days filled with sitting at the pool and getting completely sunburned head to toe at the beach, I'll leave you with this image I took while laying in the hammock at the in-laws. Did I mention they live right on a lake? Oh summer, come quick!
View my portfolio | firstname.lastname@example.org